Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after taking into account that the exemption is in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby exempt Air Canada, P.O. Box 9000 Station Airport, Dorval, Quebec, from the supplementary airworthiness standards prescribed by Transport Canada as well as section 507.02 of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) requiring that an aircraft, to be eligible for Canadian registration and certification, shall fully comply with all standards of airworthiness. The exemption is valid subject to the following conditions.
The purpose of this exemption is to allow Air Canada to operate B767-3Y0, Registration Number C-GGMX, Serial Number 24947 without conducting flammability tests on the seat cushions as stipulated in paragraph 525.853c).APPLICATION
This exemption applies only to B767-3Y0, Registration Number C-GGMX, Serial Number 24947 when used by Air Canada.CONDITIONS
This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- The aircraft shall be maintained on a Transport Canada approved inspection/maintenance schedule.
- The subject aircraft shall comply with the requirements of any embodied, Department of Transport approved or accepted design change. Any design change to be embodied on the subject aircraft shall be established by a competent person, to be compatible with any of the limits authorized by this exemption and not to adversely affect the airworthiness of the modified aircraft.
- A copy of this exemption shall be kept in the subject aircraft's Technical File.
- Appropriate entries to identify this exemption shall be made in the subject aircraft's Journey Log Book and Technical File.
- This exemption does not constitute and shall not be used as a basis for an airworthiness approval of the current modifications embodied on the subject aircraft.
- During the validity period of this exemption, should additional airworthiness concerns or data compromising the safety of the subject aircraft be brought to the attention of Transport Canada, the latter may at any time cancel or modify this exemption.
- Failure to comply with the terms of this exemption shall result in its cancellation.
This exemption is in effect until the earliest of the following:
- This exemption is valid for 90 days from December 30, 2002 to March 29, 2003 at midnight;
- the date on which any condition set out in this exemption is breached; or
- the date on which this exemption is canceled in writing by the Minister of Transport.
Dated at Dorval, this 23rd day of December 2002, on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
Regional Director, Civil Aviation Quebec Region
For the Minister of Transport
- Date de modification :