Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after taking into account that the exemption is in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby exempt Inspectors Mr. John McNamara and Mr. Ronald Tidy, working for hire or reward for the Commercial and Business Aviation Branch, Transport Canada, Government of Canada, Tower C, Place de Ville, 330 Sparks, 4th floor, Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0N8, and Inspector Mr. Allan Riley, working for hire or reward for Fixed Wing Operations, Vancouver Regional Office, 800 Burrard Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6Z 2J8, from the requirement set out in paragraph 401.03(1)(a) of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) in accordance with the purpose and application set out below and subject to the following conditions.
Paragraph 401.03(1)(a) states that no person shall act as a flight crew member or exercise the privileges of a flight crew permit, licence or rating unless the person is the holder of, and can produce while so acting and while exercising such privileges, the appropriate permit, licence or rating.
The purpose of this exemption is to allow Inspectors McNamara, Riley and Tidy to exercise the privilege of acting as pilot-in-command or co-pilot of any aeroplane for the purpose of conducting operational evaluations without a type rating for the aeroplane that is being evaluated. This exemption is required because ratings for the aeroplane being evaluated are unavailable.
This exemption applies to the persons listed hereinafter who are employed by Transport Canada working for hire or reward for Transport Canada, Government of Canada and exercising the privilege of acting as pilot-in-command or co-pilot of any aeroplane for the purpose of conducting operational evaluations of aeroplanes for Transport Canada.
|Mr. John McNamara||AA092773|
|Mr. Ronald Tidy||AA119754|
|Mr. Allan Riley||AA097945|
This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- A valid Airline Transport Pilot Licence - Aeroplane shall be held by applicants while employed by Transport Canada;
- No passengers shall be carried on board;
- This exemption shall form part of applicantsâ€™ licensing documents and shall be carried with their licensing documents; and
- For flights outside of Canadian airspace, authority to operate under this exemption shall be received from the Civil Aviation Authority of the state whose territory is being entered prior to entry.
This exemption is in effect until the earliest of:
- the date on which the applicants no longer work for hire or reward for Transport Canada, Government of Canada;
- 2359 UTC, July 31, 2003;
- the date on which any condition set out in this exemption is breached; or
- the date on which this exemption is canceled in writing by the Minister where he is of the opinion that it is no longer in the public interest or is likely to affect aviation safety.
Dated at Ottawa, Canada this 6thday of March 2003, on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
- Date de modification :