Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after taking into account that the exemption is in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby exempt
310-1324 17th Avenue
South West Calgary
Alberta T2T 5S8
from the requirement set out in Paragraph 507.02 (b) of the Canadian Aviation Regulations that the aircraft to be issued a Certificate of Airworthiness conforms to its certified type design, subject to the following purpose application and conditions.
The purpose of this exemption is to allow Orbit Leasing to obtain a Certificate of Airworthiness without conforming to its certified type design, contained in the aeroplane type certification data sheet No. A-130, Issue 9, dated June 22, 2000 and set out in paragraph 525.207(b) of the Airworthiness Manual Chapter 525, that requires a stall warning system to provide an appropriate warning that is clearly audible to the flight crew under all foreseeable operating conditions. In particularly, an aural stall - warning horn, which is defined in Cessna Aircraft Corporation Drawing 6590010-3, is not installed.
This exemption applies to Cessna Citation 550 Bravo model aircraft, Canadian Registration C-FAMJ, Serial Number 550-0931 when operated by Orbit Leasing under Private Operator Certificate Number P-9337.
This exemption is subject to the following condition :
- a certified "stick shaker" stall warning device is installed on C-FAMJ aircraft.
- a Flight Manual Supplement for C-FAMJ, Serial Number 550-0931 is issued, indicating that the aural warning horn is not installed on this aircraft.
This exemption is in effect until the earliest of the following:
- PDT at midnight on September 8, 2000.
- the date on which the aural stall warning horn is installed and certified; or
- the date on which this exemption is canceled in writing by the Minister where he is of the opinion that it is no longer in the public interest or is likely to affect aviation safety.
Dated Vancouver, this 21 day of July 2000, on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
Acting Regional Director
- Date de modification :