Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after taking into account that the exemption is in the public interest and not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby exempt Cascade inc., 404, rue Marie Victorin, C.P. 30, Kingsey Falls, Quebec J0A 1B0 , from the requirement set out in section 507.02 of the Canada Aviation Regulations requiring the formal familiarization by Transport Canada (TC) of the current non-safety related modifications that were previously embodied to conform to the applicable standards of airworthiness, subject to the following conditions:
The purpose of this exemption is to allow Cascade inc. to operate the Piaggio Avanti 180, registered GLEM, serial number 1009 without the formal familiarization by Transport Canada of the current non-safety related modification previously embodied.
This exemption applies to Piaggio Avanti 180, registered GLEM, serial number 1009. This exemption applies only to this aircraft when operated by Cascade inc.
This exemption is subject to the following conditions :
- This exemption is non-renewable, non-transferable. It is conditional to the continuing ownership and direct operation of the subject aircraft by Cascade inc..
- The aircraft shall be maintained on a TC approved maintenance schedule.
- The subject aircraft shall comply with the requirements of any embodied Department of Transport (DOT) approved or accepted design change. Any design change to be embodied on the subject aircraft shall be established by a competent person, to be compatible with any of the limits authorized by this exemption and not to adversely affect the airworthiness of the modified aircraft.
- A copy of this exemption shall be attached to the Limitation Section of the Aircraft Flight Manual.
- A copy of this exemption shall be kept in the subject Aircraft Technical File.
- Appropriate entries to identify this exemption shall be made in the subject aircraft Journey Log Book and Technical File.
- This exemption does not constitute and shall not be used as basis for an airworthiness approval of the current modifications embodied on the subject aircraft.
- During the validity period of this exemption, should additional airworthiness concerns or data compromising the safety of the subject aircraft be brought to the attention of TC, the latter may at any time cancel or modify this exemption.
- There will be no passengers allowed during take-off and landing on the side facing double-seat and single seat until the Type Certificate of the airplane will be amended to include this Piaggio interior configuration.
- The FMS system installed by the German STC SA1087, should not be used until the installation is fully familiarized by Transport Canada according to the Canadian requirements.
- The non-compliance with any of the terms and conditions of this exemption shall invalidate it.
This exemption is in effect until the earliest of the following :
- November 1, 2000 at midnight ;
- the date on which any of the conditions set out in this exemption are breached ; or
- the date on which this exemption is canceled in writing by the Minister of Transport where he is of the opinion that this is no longer in the public interest or is likely to affect aviation safety.
Dated at Dorval, this 4th day of August 2000, on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
- Date de modification :