Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after taking into account that the exemption is in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby exempt Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, PO Box 2222, Gander, Newfoundland, operating under Part VII, Subpart Il of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs), from the requirement set out in Paragraph 605.09(1)(a) of the CARs, which requires that the aircraft be operated in accordance with the conditions and limitations of the Minimum Equipment List (MEL). This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
The purpose of this exemption is to authorize Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, to operate the BE-300 aircraft with item 34-16, Traffic Alert Collision and Avoidance System (TCAS 1), of the MEL unserviceable.
This exemption applies to BE-300 model aircraft, Registration C-GNLA when operated by Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, pursuant to its Air Operator Certificate Number 8793.
This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- All other conditions of the MEL shall be satisfied,
- A copy of this exemption shall be carried on board the aircraft.
This exemption is in effect until the earliest of the following:
- ADT at midnight on August 18, 2003.
- the date on which any condition set out in this exemption is breached; or
- the date on which this exemption is cancelled in writing by the Minister where he is of the opinion that it is no longer in the public interest or is likely to affect aviation safety.
Dated at Moncton, New Brunswick, this 8th day of August, 2003, on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
Original signed by
J. R. MacKay A/Regional Manager
Commercial and Business Aviation
- Date de modification :