Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after taking into account that the exemption is in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby exempt Celtic Tech Jet Limited, 350 Comet Private, Suite 230, Ottawa, ON, KIV 9B4, (AOC # 11782) and pilot Robert Childerhose, licence #AA309505 from the requirements of Paragraph 704.108(1)(d) of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs), subject to the following conditions set out below.
The paragraph states"... no air operator shall permit a person to act and no person shall act as a flight crew member in an aircraft unless that person has fulfilled the requirements of the air operator's ground training program and, except where undergoing line indoctrination training, the air operator's flight training program".
The purpose of this exemption is to allow pilot Robert Childerhose, licence # AA 309505, to act as a flight crew member on Dassault Falcon 200 aircraft operated by Celtic Tech Jet Limited without completing line indoctrination training.
This exemption will also permit Mr. Childerhose to provide line indoctrination training to Celtic Tech Jet Limited flight crew members.
This exemption applies to pilot Robert Childerhose, licence # AA309505, when operating a Dassault Falcon 200 under Air Operator Certificate number 11782.
This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- Mr. Robert Childerhose shall complete all training requirements in accordance with Celtic Tech Jet's approved training program, exclusive of line indoctrination training.
- Mr. Robert Childerhose shall successfully complete a PPC.
- This exemption shall become part of Mr. Childerhose's training record.
This exemption is in effect until the earliest of:
- EST at midnight on 01 December, 2004;
- the date on which any condition set out in this exemption is breached; or
- the date on which this exemption is cancelled in writing
by the Minister where he is
is of the opinion that it is no longer in the public interest or is likely to affect aviation safety.
Dated at Toronto, Canada, this 16th day of August 2004 on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
Michael R. Stephenson