Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after having taken into account that the exemption is both in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby exempt Grant Executive Jets Inc., Box 310, Earlton, Ontario POJ 1E0, and James A.E. Brand, Licence number AA39856, and John R. Craig, Licence number AA299485, from the requirements of paragraph 704.108(1)(d) of the Canadian Aviation Regulations, subject to the conditions set out below.
The paragraph states that "...no air operator shall permit a person to act and no person shall act as a flight crew member in an aircraft unless that person has fulfilled the requirements of the air operator's ground training program and, except where undergoing line indoctrination training, the air operator's flight training program".
The purpose of this exemption is to allow Mr. James A.E. Brand, licence number AA39856 to act as a flight crewmember on Dassault Falcon 900 aircraft, and Mr. John Craig, licence number AA299485 to act as a flight crew member on Dassault Falcon 50 aircraft, operated by Grant Executive Jets Inc. without completing line indoctrination training.
This Exemption will also permit Mr. Brand and Mr. Craig to provide line indoctrination training to Grant Executive Jets Inc. flight crew members.
This exemption applies to Mr. James A.E. Brand and Mr. John R. Craig of Grant Executive Jets Inc., when operating a Dassault Falcon 900 and Falcon 50, respectively, Registration No., C-FGFI and C-GGFP, under Air Operator Certificate Number 9817.
This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- Mr. Brand and Mr. Craig will have completed all training requirements in accordance with Grant Executive Jets Inc. approved training program, exclusive of line indoctrination training.
- This exemption shall become part of Mr. Brand's and Mr. Craig's training records.
This exemption is in effect until the earliest of:
- EST at midnight on April 1, 2004;
- the date on which any of the foregoing conditions is not complied with; or
- the date on which this exemption is cancelled in writing by the Minister where he is of the opinion that it is no longer in the public interest or that it is likely to affect aviation safety.
Dated at Toronto, Canada, this 7th day of October, 2003 on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
Original signed by
Michael R. Stephenson
- Date de modification :