Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after having taken into account that the exemption is both in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby exempt, Conceptair Aviation Inc., Aéroport de Sherbrooke, 900 chemin de l’Aéroport, local 110-1RR 4, Canton d’Eaton, Quebec, Canada, J0B 1M0 operating under Subpart 4, of Part VII, of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs), from the requirements set out in paragraph 704.115(3)(b) of the CARs, and in Standard 724.115(4)(b)(i)(A), under the conditions specified below. This paragraph requires that the training pilot (flight) hold an airline transport pilot licence.
The purpose of this exemption is to allow the air operator, Conceptair Aviation Inc., to utilize a training pilot for flight training on the aircraft type DHC-6, even though he does not the hold an airline transport pilot licence.
This exemption applies to Mr. Eric Couture, holder of the licence CA382949 as a training pilot on C501, when operated by the company Conceptair Aviation Inc., in its operations under air operator certificate number 9248.
This exemption is granted subject to the following conditions:
- Mr. Eric Couture will only be utilized as a training pilot on the C501; and
- the other requirements set out in Standard 724.115(4)(b) are complied with.
This exemption is in effect until the earliest of the following:
- January 1, 2003, at midnight EST;
- the date on which one of the conditions set out in the exemption is breached;
- the date on which this exemption is cancelled in writing by the Minister, where he is of the opinion that it is no longer in the public interest, or that it is likely to affect aviation safety.
Dated in Dorval, this 31st day of May 2002, on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
- Date de modification :