Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2)of the Aeronautics Act, I hereby exempt Voyageur Airways Limited from the requirements of paragraph 705.104(1)(b) of the Canadian Aviation Regulations, to permit the operation of an aircraft with passengers on board with a crew that includes fewer than the minimum number of flight attendants, subject to the following conditions:
- the aeroplane is configured for 50 or less passenger seats;
- the aeroplane meets the requirements of FAR 25.785, 725.787, 25.793 and 25.853 to Amendment 25-51 or later;
- the public address system and the crew interphone system at the approved flight attendant take-off and landing station referenced in (e) is serviceable;
- emergency and normal procedures in the flight attendant manual clearly reflect the differences when one flight attendant is carried and when more than one flight attendant is carried;
- the flight attendant is assigned to occupy the approved flight attendant take-off and landing station located next to a floor level exit;
- this exemption is applicable to deHavilland Dash 7 aircraft, registration C-FZKM, C-GFOF, C-GFFL, and C-GCEV only;
- the aircraft is to be in an all passenger configuration and cannot be configured where the cargo is between the flight deck and the only flight attendant; and
- a copy of this exemption is carried in the aircraft journey log.
This exemption is in effect until earliest of:
- the date on which any of the foregoing conditions is breached; or
- the date on which this exemption is cancelled in writing by the Minister, where he is of the opinion it is no longer in the public interest or that it is likely to affect aviation safety.
Dated at Toronto, Canada May 24, 2002 on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
Debra D. Taylor|
for Minister of Transport
- Date de modification :