Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, I hereby exempt Air Tindi Ltd. from the requirements of paragraph 705.104(1)(b) of the Canadian Aviation Regulations, to permit the operation of an aircraft with passengers on board with a crew that includes fewer than the minimum number of flight attendants, subject to the following conditions:
- The exemption applies only to the DHC- 7- aeroplane, registration
C-GCEV, configured for 49 or less passenger seats;
- The aeroplane meets the requirements of FAR 25.785,25.787,25.793 and
25.853 to Amendment 25-51 or later;
- The public address system and the crew interphone system at the approved
flight attendant take-off and landing station referenced in condition (4) is
- The flight attendant is assigned to occupy the approved flight
attendant take-off and landing station located next to a floor level exit;
- The aircraft is to be in all passenger configuration and cannot be
configured where the cargo is between the flight deck and the only flight
- Emergency and normal procedures in the flight attendant manual
clearly reflect the differences when one flight attendant is carried and when
more than 1 flight attendant is carried; and
- A copy of this exemption shall be carried in the Aircraft Journey Log.
This exemption is valid until the earliest of:
- the date on which any condition set out in this exemption is breached; or
- the date on which this exemption is cancelled, in writing, by the Minister where he is of the opinion that it is no longer in the public interest or that it is likely to have an adverse effect on aviation safety.
Dated at Winnipeg, Manitoba, this 12th day of June 2003, on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
Regional Director Civil Aviation
Prairie and Northern Region
- Date de modification :