Pursuant to Subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after taking into account that the exemption is in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby exempt Voyageur Airways Limited, 1500 Airport Road, North Bay, Ontario, P1B 8G2 from the requirements of paragraph 705.104(1)(b) of the Canadian Aviation Regulations subject to the conditions set out below.
The paragraph states that no operator shall operate an aircraft with 41 to 80 passengers on board unless the crew includes at least two flight attendants.
The purpose of this exemption is to permit Voyageur Airways Limited to carry up to 50 passengers with only one flight attendant on board, on their de Havilland Dash 7 aircrafts.
This exemption applies to Voyageur Airways Limited, 1500 Airport Road, North Bay, Ontario, P1B 8G2, Air Operator Certificate No. 2783, while operating de Havilland Dash 7 aircrafts, registered as C-FZKM, C-GFOF, C-GFFL, C-GLOL, and C-GGUL.
This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- The aeroplane is configured for 50 or less passenger seats.
- The aeroplane meets the requirements of FAR 25.785, 25.787,25.793, and 25.853 to Amendment 25-51 or later.
- The public address system and the crew interphone system at the approved flight attendant take-off and landing station referenced in (5) is serviceable.
- Emergency and normal procedures in the flight attendant manual clearly reflect the differences when one flight attendant is carried and when more than one flight attendant is carried.
- The flight attendant is assigned to occupy the approved flight attendant take-off and landing station located near a floor level exit.
- The aircraft is to be configured in an all passenger configuration and cannot be configured where the cargo is between the flight deck and the only flight attendant.
- A copy of this exemption must be carried in the aircraft journey log.
This exemption is in effect until the earliest of the following:
- 23:59 EST on February 28, 2007;
- the date on which any of the foregoing conditions is not complied with;
- the date on which this exemption is cancelled in writing by the Minister, where he is of the opinion that it is no longer in the public interest or that it is likely to affect aviation safety.
Dated at Toronto, Ontario, Canada this 17th day of August 2005 on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
Original signed by
Michael R. Stephenson
For the Minister Of Transport
- Date de modification :