Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after taking into account that the exemption is in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby exempt Zoom Airlines Inc., 160 Elgin Street â€“ Suite 2406, Ottawa ON, K2P 2C4, as well as the pilots employed by Zoom Airlines Inc. identified in this exemption, operating under Part VII of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) from subparagraph 725.124(33)(e)(ii) of the Commercial Air Services Standards (CASS) made pursuant to paragraph 705.124(1)(b) of the CARs, subject to the conditions of this exemption.
The requirements of the above mentioned provisions are detailed in Appendix A to this exemption.
The purpose of this exemption is to allow training pilots working for hire or reward for Zoom Airlines Inc. to be exempted from the requirement to occupy the left or right crew seat while conducting the transition line indoctrination training on Zoom Airlines Inc. Boeing 767 aircraft.
This exemption applies to Zoom Airlines Inc. and the 7 pilots identified below while working for hire or reward for Zoom Airlines Inc., for the purpose of conducting, as training pilots, the line indoctrination-training program on Boeing 767 aircraft while occupying the jump seat:
- Capt Lee Stevenson Russell, Licence # AA115090
- Capt John Bach, Licence # AA108214
- Capt Stephen Michael Francis Sexton, Licence # AA101909
- Capt Joseph Robert Claude Guy, Licence # AA232871
- Capt Gerald Denis Lapensee, Licence # AA080223
- Capt Guye Stewart Breedon Licence # AA144087
- Capt Claude Potvin Licence # AA135671
This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- Capt Lee Stevenson Russell, Capt John Bach, Capt Stephen Michael Francis Sexton, Capt Joseph Robert Claude Guy, Capt Gerald Denis Lapensee, Capt Guye Stewart Breedon and Capt Claude Potvin shall have received a training session on the use of Zoom B767 Standard Operating Procedures prior to the commencement of their first flight with Zoom Airlines Inc.;
- Capt Lee Stevenson Russell, Capt John Bach, Capt Stephen Michael Francis Sexton, Capt Joseph Robert Claude Guy, Capt Gerald Denis Lapensee, Capt Guye Stewart Breedon and Capt Claude Potvin shall have monitored a Zoom B767 FFS (Full Flight Simulator) training session prior to the commencement of their first flight with Zoom Airlines Inc.;
- Zoom Airlines Inc. shall ensure that all Zoom pilots who are receiving line indoctrination under this exemption have previous line flying experience on B757/B767 aircraft; and
- This exemption shall be carried on board the aircraft at all times.
This exemption is in effect until the earliest of the following:
- August 20, 2003;
- the date on which any of the conditions set out in this exemption is breached; or
- the date on which this exemption is cancelled in writing by the Minister where he is of the opinion it is no longer in the public interest, or is likely to adversely affect aviation safety.
Dated at Ottawa, this 18th day of June 2003, on behalf of the Minister of Transport Canada
Original signed by Michel Gaudreau
Commercial and Business Aviation
(33)Line Indoctrination - Sectors/Hours Requirements
- Transition Line Indoctrination - Requirements
- transition line indoctrination shall be conducted under the
supervision of a training pilot;
- during transition line indoctrination, the pilot-in-command and second-in-command shall perform their duties in their respective position. Where the transitioning pilot has completed at least 2 sectors as pilot flying and has satisfactorily demonstrated to the training pilot that he or she is qualified to perform the duties of the position, the training pilot may occupy the jump seat;
- transition line indoctrination shall be conducted under the supervision of a training pilot;
- Date de modification :