Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after taking into account that the exemption is in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby exempt Canadian Helicopters Limited, 1215 Montee Pilon, Les cedres, Quebec J7T IGl and flight crew members conducting fire suppression operations in support of the Province of British Columbia from the requirements of paragraphs 700.15(1)(b), (c) and (e) and paragraphs 700.19(1)(b) and (c) of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs), subject to the following conditions.
The requirements of paragraphs 700.15(1)(b), (c) and (e) and paragraphs 700.19(1)(b) and (c) are detailed in Appendix A to this exemption.
The purpose of this exemption is to allow Canadian Helicopters Limited and flight crew members to extend the flight time limitations to 300 hours in any 60 consecutive days and to authorize a flight crew member to be assigned duty for up to 60 consecutive days to support the Province of British Columbia in responding to the current state of emergency related to the forest fire situation.
This exemption applies to Canadian Helicopters Limited and flight crew members working in direct support of the current state of emergency related to the fire suppression activities in the Province of British Columbia.
This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- the flight time for any flight crew member shall not exceed 8 hours in any 24 consecutive hours and 300 hours in any 60 consecutive days;
- all flight duty time shall be during daylight hours and the flight duty time for any flight crew member shall not exceed 12 consecutive daylight hours in any 24 consecutive hours; and,
- a flight crew member shall receive 24 consecutive hours of time free from duty at least 6 times within each 60 consecutive days and 13 times within each 90 consecutive days.
This exemption is in effect until the earliest of the following:
- EDT at midnight 30 September 2003;
- the date on which any of the conditions set out in this exemption is breached; or
- the date on which this exemption is cancelled, in writing, by the Minister, where he is of the opinion it is no longer in the public interest or is likely to affect aviation safety.
Dated at Dorval, Quebec, this 20th day of August 2003 on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
Civil Aviation, Quebec Region
Flight Time Limitations
700.15 (1)Subject to subsection (2), no air operator shall assign a flight crew member for flight time, and no flight crew member shall accept such an assignment, if the flight crew member's total flight time in all flights conducted by the flight crew member will, as a result, exceed
Requirements for Time Free from Duty
700.19 (1)Subject to subsection (2), an air operator shall provide each flight crew member with the following time free from duty:
- Date de modification :