Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after taking into account that the exemption is in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby exempt Skyservice Aviation Inc., 9785 Ryan Avenue, Dorval, Quebec, H9P 1A2 from the requirement set out in section 507.02 of the Canadian Aviation Regulations requiring that an imported aircraft, to be eligible for Canadian registration and certification, shall fully comply with all standards of airworthiness, subject to the following conditions :
The purpose of this exemption is to allow Skyservice Aviation Inc. to operate the Canadair Model CL-600-2A12 (601 variant) Aircraft, Registration Number C-GSAP, Serial Number 3034, without the formal familiarization by Transport Canada of previous modifications made on the aircraft by US DOT FAA.
This exemption applies to Canadair Model CL-600-2A12 (601 variant), Serial No. 3034, Registration No .C-GSAP, when operated by Skyservice Aviation Inc. under Air Operator Certificate Number 7238.
This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- This exemption is non-renewable, non-transferable. It is conditional to the continuing ownership and direct operation of the subject aircraft by Skyservice Aviation Inc.
- The aircraft shall be maintained on a Transport Canada approved inspection/maintenance schedule.
- The subject aircraft shall comply with the requirements of any embodied Department of Transport (DOT) approved or accepted design change. Any design change to be embodied on the subject aircraft shall be established by a competent person, to be compatible with any of the limits authorized by this exemption and not to adversely affect the airworthiness of the modified aircraft.
- A copy of this exemption shall be attached to the Limitation Section of the Aircraft Flight Manual.
- A copy of this exemption shall be kept in the subject Aircraft's Technical File.
- Appropriate entries to identify this exemption shall be made in the subject aircraft's Journey Log Book and Technical File.
- This exemption does not constitute and shall not be used as basis for an airworthiness approval of the current modifications embodied on the subject aircraft.
- During the validity period of this exemption, should additional airworthiness concerns or data compromising the safety of the subject aircraft be brought to the attention of Transport Canada, the latter may at any time cancel or modify this exemption.
- The Honeywell VN-800 VNAV function, as installed on the subject aircraft by the U.S DOT FAA STC No. ST00612NY-D, shall not be used during the validity period of this exemption. This limitation must be so indicated by either a note in front of the respective Airplane Flight Manual Supplement No. 609-02575-340, Revision A, or a placard, or both.
- Pilot initiated TCAS Test shall not be used in flight. This limitation must be indicated by a note in front of the respective Airplane Flight Manual Supplement No. 609-00408-341.
- The non-compliance with any of the terms and conditions of this exemption shall invalidate it.
This exemption is in effect until the earliest of the following:
- This exemption is valid for one-hundred and eighty (180) days from December 23, 2000 to June 21, 2001 at midnight;
- the date on which any of the condition set out in this exemption is breached ; or
- the date on which this exemption is canceled in writing by the Minister of Transport where he is of the opinion that it is no longer in the public interest or is likely to affect aviation safety.
Dated at Dorval, this 20th of December 2000, on behalf of the Minister of Transport.