Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after taking into account that the exemption is in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby exempt Ukrainian Cargo Airways, 19-21 Frunze Street, Kyiv, P.O. 254080, Ukraine from the requirements set out in section 602.152 of the Canadian Aviation Regulations subject to the following conditions.
Section 602.152 states that after April 1, 2002, no person shall operate an aeroplane to or from an aerodrome in Canada unless the aeroplane is a Chapter 3 aeroplane; has a MCTOW of less than 34 000 kg (74,956 pounds); or is operated pursuant to an exemption issued under Section 602.159 or 602.160.
The purpose of this exemption is to allow Ukrainian Cargo Airways, 19-21 Frunze Street, Kyiv, P.O. 254080, Ukraine to conduct multiple landings and takeoffs at Trenton (CYTR) and Fredericton (CYFC) using a Chapter 2 aeroplane to transport equipment and personnel of the Department of National Defence to Port-au-Prince, Haiti for military operations in support of Operation Halo.
The exemption applies to Ukrainian Cargo Airways when operating one (1) Chapter 2 aeroplane under the Foreign Air Operator Certificate Number F-9955, specifically the aircraft covered by this exemption is an IL-76, registration UR-UCO.
This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- The aircraft specified in this exemption shall land at and take off from Trenton (CYTR) and Fredericton (CYFC) airports only.
- A copy of this exemption shall be carried in the journey log book of the aircraft that is subject to this exemption.
This exemption is valid until the earliest of:
March 21, 2004; 23:59 EST
- The date on which any condition specified in the exemption is breached; or
- The date on which the exemption is canceled in writing by the Minister, where he is of the opinion that it is no longer in the public interest or it is likely to affect aviation safety.
- Dated at Ottawa, on the 11th day of March 2004, on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
Original signed by F. Reinhardt for
- Date de modification :