Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after taking into account that the exemption is in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby exempt KRASNOYARSK AIRLINES DBA KRASAIR P.O. BOX 663020 KRASNOYARSK RUSSIAN FEDERATION from the requirements set out in section 602.152 of the Canadian Aviation Regulations subject to the following conditions.
Section 602.152 states that after April 1, 2002, no person shall operate an aeroplane to or from an aerodrome in Canada unless the aeroplane is a Chapter 3 aeroplane; has a MCTOW of less than 34 000 kg (74,956 pounds); or is operated pursuant to an exemption issued under Section 602.159 or 602.160.
The purpose of this exemption is to allow KRASNOYARSK AIRLINES DBA KRASAIR P.O. BOX 663020 KRASNOYARSK RUSSIAN FEDERATION to conduct multiple landings and takeoffs at Edmonton International Airport (CYEG) using Chapter 2 aeroplanes to transport ammunition and high explosives from Kabul, Afghanistan. The exempted aircraft will then proceed to Cold Lake, Alberta for delivery of their cargo.
The exemption applies to KRASNOYARSK AIRLINES DBA KRASAIR when operating two (2) Chapter 2 aeroplanes under the Foreign Air Operator Certificate Number F-8916, specifically the aircraft covered by this exemption are IL-76, registration RA-76464 and IL-76 registration RA-76792.
This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- The aircraft specified in this exemption shall land at and take off from Edmonton International Airport (CYEG) only.
- A copy of this exemption shall be carried in the journey log books of the aircraft that are subject to this exemption.
This exemption is valid until one of the earliest:
- August 10, 2004; 23:59 MDT;
- The date on which any condition specified in the exemption is breached; or
- The date on which the exemption is canceled in writing by the Minister, where he is of the opinion that it is no longer in the public interest or it is likely to affect aviation safety.
Dated at Ottawa, on the 12th day of July 2004, on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
- Date de modification :