Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after taking into account that the exemption is in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby exempt VOLGA-DNEPR AIRLINES, 14, KARBYSHEVA STR, ULYANOVSK, RUSSIA from the requirements set out in section 602.152 of the Canadian Aviation Regulations subject to the following conditions.
Section 602.152 states that after April 1, 2002, no person shall operate an aeroplane to or from an aerodrome in Canada unless the aeroplane is a Chapter 3 aeroplane; has a MCTOW of less than 34 000 kg (74,956 pounds); or is operated pursuant to an exemption issued under Section 602.159 or 602.160.
The purpose of this exemption is to allow Volga-Dnepr Airlines to conduct one landing and one takeoff at Edmonton International Airport (CYEG) using a Chapter 2 aeroplane (IL-76).
The exemption applies to Volga-Dnepr Airlines when operating one (1) Chapter 2 aeroplane under the Foreign Air Operator Certificate Number #8656. Specifically, the aircraft covered by this exemption is a Russian registered IL-76, registration RA76493.
This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- The aircraft specified in this exemption shall land and take off from Edmonton International only.
- A copy of this exemption shall be carried in the journey log book of the aircraft that is subject to this exemption.
This exemption is valid until the earliest of:
- 23:59 MST November 17, 2004
- The date on which any condition specified in the exemption is breached; or
- The date on which the exemption is canceled in writing by the Minister, where he is of the opinion that it is no longer in the public interest or it is likely to affect aviation safety.
Dated at Ottawa, on the 12th day of November 2004, on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
Original signed by
- Date de modification :