Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after taking into account that the exemption is in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby exempt SILKWAY AIRLINES, P.O. Box AZ1109 â€“ BAKU, BAKU INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, AZERBAIJAN from the requirements set out in section 602.152 of the Canadian Aviation Regulations subject to the following conditions.
Section 602.152 states that, after April 1, 2002, no person shall operate an aeroplane to or from an aerodrome in Canada unless the aeroplane is a Chapter 3 aeroplane; has a MCTOW of less than 34 000 kg (74,956 pounds); or is operated pursuant to an exemption issued under Section 602.159 or 602.160.
The purpose of this exemption is to permit SILKWAY AIRLINES, P.O. Box AZ1109 â€“ BAKU, BAKU INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, AZERBAIJAN to conduct multiple landings and takeoffs at Trenton Military Airport (CYTR), Ontario, using Chapter 2 aeroplanes, to transport Canadian military sustainment supplies between Trenton and Kabul, Afghanistan.
The exemption applies to SILKWAY AIRLINES when operating Chapter 2 aeroplanes, under the Foreign Air Operator Certificate Number F-10469, to transport Canadian military sustainment supplies between Trenton Military Airport (CYTR) and Kabul, Afghanistan; the aircraft covered by this exemption are IL-76 aircraft.
This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- The foreign air operator specified in this exemption shall land at and take off from Trenton Military Airport (CYTR) only.
- A copy of this exemption shall be carried in the journey log book of the aircraft performing each individual flight that is subject to this exemption.
This exemption is valid until one of the earliest:
- August 31, 2005 at 23:59 EDT;
- The date on which any condition specified in the exemption is breached; or
- The date on which the exemption is canceled in writing by the Minister, where he is of the opinion that it is no longer in the public interest or it is likely to affect aviation safety.
Datedat Ottawa, Ontario, Canada on the 1st day of September 2004, on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
Original signed by
- Date de modification :