Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after taking into account that the exemption is in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby exempt Uzbekistan Airways, Movaraunnahr STR. 41, Tashkent 700060, Uzbekistan from the requirements set out in section 602.152 of the Canadian Aviation Regulations subject to the following conditions.
Section 602.152 states that after April 1, 2002, no person shall operate an aeroplane to or from an aerodrome in Canada unless the aeroplane is a Chapter 3 aeroplane; has a MCTOW of less than 34 000 kg (74,956 pounds); or is operated pursuant to an exemption issued under Section 602.159 or 602.160.
The purpose of this exemption is to allow Uzbekistan Airways to conduct one takeoff at Trenton (CYTR) using a Chapter 2 aeroplane to transport equipment of the Department of National Defence for military operations.
The exemption applies to Uzbekistan Airways when operating one (1) Chapter 2 aeroplane under the Foreign Air Operator Certificate Number F-10219. Specifically, the aircraft covered by this exemption is an IL-76, registration UK-76353.
This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- The aircraft specified in this exemption shall take off from Trenton airport only.
- A copy of this exemption shall be carried in the journey log book of the aircraft that is subject to this exemption.
This exemption is valid until the earliest of:
- October 1, 2003 23:59 EDT
- The date on which any condition specified in the exemption is breached; or
- The date on which the exemption is canceled in writing by the Minister, where he is of the opinion that it is no longer in the public interest or it is likely to affect aviation safety.
Dated at Ottawa, on the 26th day of September 2003, on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
- Date de modification :