Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after taking into account that the exemption is in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby exempt SILKWAY AIRLINES P.O. Box AZ1109 – BAKU, BAKU INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, AZERBAIJAN from the requirements set out in section 602.152 of the Canadian Aviation Regulations subject to the following conditions.
Section 602.152 states that after April 1, 2002, no person shall operate an aeroplane to or from an aerodrome in Canada unless the aeroplane is a Chapter 3 aeroplane; has a MCTOW of less than 34 000 kg (74,956 pounds); or is operated pursuant to an exemption issued under Section 602.159 or 602.160.
The purpose of this exemption is to allow SILKWAY AIRLINES P.O. Box AZ1109 – BAKU, BAKU INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, AZERBAIJAN to conduct multiple landings and takeoffs at Trenton Airport (CYTR) using a Chapter 2 aeroplane to transport military freight, vehicles and stores from Kabul, Afghanistan back to Canada.
The exemption applies to SILKWAY AIRLINES when operating in Canada one (1) Chapter 2 aeroplane, more specifically an aircraft type IL-76, under the Foreign Air Operator Certificate Number F10469.
This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- The aircraft specified in this exemption shall land at and take off from Trenton Airport (CYTR) only.
- A copy of this exemption shall be carried in the journey log book of the aircraft that is subject to this exemption.
This exemption is valid until one of the earliest:
- August 30, 2004; 23:59 EDT;
- The date on which any condition specified in the exemption is breached; or
- The date on which the exemption is canceled in writing by the Minister, where he is of the opinion that it is no longer in the public interest or it is likely to affect aviation safety.
Dated at Ottawa, on the 21st day of July 2004, on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
Original signed by M. Gaudreau
- Date de modification :