Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after taking into account that the exemption is in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby exempt Silk Way Ltd. Airlines, P.O. Box AZ1109 – BAKU, Baku International Airport, Azerbaijan from the requirements set out in section 602.152 of the Canadian Aviation Regulations subject to the following conditions.
Section 602.152 states that after April 1, 2002, no person shall operate an aeroplane to or from an aerodrome in Canada unless the aeroplane is a Chapter 3 aeroplane; has a MCTOW of less than 34 000 kg (74,956 pounds); or is operated pursuant to an exemption issued under Section 602.159 or 602.160.
The purpose of this exemption is to allow Silk Way Ltd. Airlines, P.O. Box AZ1109 – BAKU, Baku International Airport, Azerbaijan to conduct multiple landings and takeoffs at Trenton (CYTR) using a Chapter 2 aeroplane to transport baggage and military stores from Kabul, Afghanistan to Trenton Ont. as part of Canada’s troop reduction program in Afghanistan.
The exemption applies to Silk Way Ltd. Airlines when operating one (1) Chapter 2 aeroplane under the Foreign Air Operator Certificate Number F-10469, specifically the aircraft covered by this exemption is an IL-76, registration 4KAZ40.
This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- The aircraft specified in this exemption shall land at and take off from Trenton (CYTR) airport only.
- A copy of this exemption shall be carried in the journey log book of the
aircraft that is subject to this exemption.
This exemption is valid until one of the earliest:
- July 31, 2004; 23:59 EDT;
- The date on which any condition specified in the exemption is breached; or
- The date on which the exemption is canceled in writing by the Minister, where he is of the opinion that it is no longer in the public interest or it is likely to affect aviation safety.
Dated at Ottawa, on the 25th day of June 2004, on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
Original signed by
- Date de modification :