Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after having taken into account that the exemption is both in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby exempt British Airways, P.O. Box 10, Heathrow Airport, Hounslow TW6 2JA, from the requirement set out in Section 602.33 of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs), subject to the following conditions.
Section 602.33 stipulates that no person shall operate an aircraft at a true Mach number of 1 or greater.
The purpose of this exemption is to permit British Airways to operate their Concorde aeroplane, registration G-BOAG, in supersonic flight at a true Mach number of 1 or greater, in Canadian airspace to Seattle Boeing Field for permanent display at the Seattle Museum of Flight.
This exemption applies only to British Airways, P.O. Box 10, Heathrow Airport, Hounslow, TW6 2JA, holder of a Canadian Foreign Air Operator Certificate number F-1310, when operating the Concorde registration G-BOAG on November 5, 2003 to Seattle Boeing Field.
This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- The supersonic route between KJFK and KBFI shall be as follows:
JFK (SID) GREKI J222 PLB J567 YUL J574 MT - 5030N07500W(ACCEL PT) - 5830N08400W - 60N095W - 5730N11200W - 57N116W - YQU - YWL J518 YYJ (JAWBN9 ARRIVAL IN TO KBFI);
- The aircraft may accelerate to more than Mach 1 after N5030W07500;
- The aircraft shall be subsonic by N5700W11600; and
- British Airways undertakes to indemnify Her Majesty against any claims, which may arise as a result of the flight.
This exemption is in effect until the earliest of:
- November 6th, 2003, at 23:59 EST;
- the date on which any condition set out in the exemption is breached;
- the date on which the exemption is cancelled, in writing, by the Minister, where he is of the opinion it is no longer in the public interest or is likely to affect aviation safety.
Dated at Ottawa, Canada, this 5th day of November 2003, on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
Commercial and Business Aviation
- Date de modification :