Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after taking into account that the exemption is in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby exempt Air Canada Regional Inc., Halifax, NS, operating under Part VII, Subpart V of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs), from the requirement set out in Section 605.09 of the CARs, which requires that the aircraft be operated in accordance with the conditions and limitations of the Minimum Equipment List (MEL). This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
The purpose of this exemption is to allow the air operator, Air Canada Regional Inc., to conduct DH-8 aircraft operations with Item 31-1 [Flight Data Recorder] of the Minimum Equipment List unserviceable.
This exemption applies to DH-8 model aircraft, Registration C-GANF when operated by Air Canada Regional Inc., pursuant to its Air Operator Certificate Number 6434.
This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- All other conditions of the Minimum Equipment List must be satisfied,
- A copy of this exemption is carried on board the aircraft,
This exemption is in effect until the earliest of the following:
- AST at midnight on October 13, 2001;
- the date on which any condition set out in this exemption is breached;
- the date on which this exemption is cancelled in writing by the Minister where he is of the opinion that it is no longer in the public interest or is likely to affect aviation safety;
Dated at Moncton, New Brunswick, this 12th day of October, 2001, on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
Original signed by
W. T. Pert
Commercial and Business Aviation Atlantic Region
- Date de modification :