Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after taking into account that the exemption is in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby exempt Labrador Airways Limited, P.O. Box 310, Station A, Happy Valley/Goose Bay, NL AOP IS0 operating under Part VII, Subpart IV of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs), from the requirement set out in Section 605.090 (1)( a) of the CARs, which requires that the aircraft be operated in accordance with the conditions and limitations of the Minimum Equipment List (MEL). This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
The purpose of this exemption is to allow the air operator, Labrador Airways Limited to conduct DHC-6 aircraft operations with Item 34-10-1 [Distance Measuring Equipment DME] of the MEL unserviceable.
This exemption applies to DHC-6-300 model aircraft, Registration C-FGON when operated by Labrador Airways Limited, pursuant to its Air Operator Certificate Number 2961.
This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- All other conditions of the MEL shall be satisfied;
- An alternate means of determining aircraft position shall be used when required by the CARs, and;
- A copy of this exemption is carried on board the aircraft.
This exemption is in effect until the earliest of the following:
- ADT at midnight on June 30, 2003;
- the date on which any condition set out in this exemption is breached;
- the date on which this exemption is cancelled in writing by the Minister where he is of the opinion that it is no longer in the public interest or is likely to affect aviation safety;
Dated at Moncton, New Brunswick, this l0th day of June, 2003, on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
Commercial and Business Aviation Atlantic Region
- Date de modification :