Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after taking into account that the exemption is in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby exempt Skyservice Airlines Inc. (hereinafter "Skyservice"), 31 Fasken Drive, Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada, M9W 1K6, from the requirements set out in subparagraphs 705.124(2)(b)(ii) and (iii), clause 705.124(2)(b)(iv)(B) and (E) of the Canadian Aviation Regulations and paragraph 725.124(34) and (39) of the Commercial Air Service Standards and sections 1.3, 1.4, 7.1, 7.5, 7.6, 7.7, 7.8.3, 7.8.4, 7.8.5, 7.9, and any other relevant sections1 pertaining to the Initial Part of the Flight Attendant Training Standard (TP 12296E) made pursuant to paragraph 705.124(1)(b) of the Canadian Aviation Regulations. This exemption is subject to the following conditions.
Subparagraphs 705.124(2)(b)(ii) and (iii) stipulate that an air operator's training program shall include, in respect of flight attendants, line indoctrination training and in-charge training where applicable.
Clause 705.124(2)(b)(iv)(B) and (E) stipulates that an air operator's training program shall include, in respect of flight attendants, initial and annual training, including aircraft type training and first aid training.
This exemption will permit Skyservice to:
- modify its approved Flight Attendant Initial Training Program, which has been approved by the Minister as required by paragraph 705.124(1)(b) of the Canadian Aviation Regulations, by excluding those training items listed in the attached Appendix A in order to provide an operationally relevant modified program to already qualified flight attendants; and
- deliver this modified training to Arkefly Airways flight attendants who will be participating in the Extended Charter Agreement between Skyservice and Arkefly Airways for the period of April 28, 2009 to October 24, 2009.
This exemption applies to Skyservice Airlines Inc., air operator certificate No. 8494, only for the purposes of the training of those Arkefly Airways flight attendants who are assigned to flights that are conducted as part of the Extended Charter Agreement between Skyservice and Arkefly Airways for the period of April 28, 2009 to October 24, 2009. A copy of the Extended Charter Agreement is attached as Appendix B.
This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- Skyservice shall, by the commencement of training, have obtained from Arkefly Airways documented evidence, to be retained on Skyservice's records, demonstrating that each Arkefly Airways flight attendant, assigned to duty on the Skyservice Boeing 757:
- is a qualified flight attendant with Arkefly Airways;
- has completed First Aid training within the required three year period;
- has completed a raft drill once every third annual training year;
- has completed a live firefighting drill once every third annual training year;
- has completed the following training in accordance with the Commercial Air Service Standards and the Flight Attendant Training Standard (TP 12296E) made pursuant to paragraph 705.124(1)(b) of Canadian Aviation Regulations:
- Aviation First Aid Training;
- Public Address System and Interphone System Drills and Safety Demonstration drills;
- Slide Jump;
- Raft Drill;
- Live-Fire-fighting Drill;
- LOFT (Line Oriented Flight Training) Crew Drill;
- Therapeutic Oxygen Drill;
- Life Vest Drills Checklist;
- Theory of Flight;
- Aviation Terminology: Phonetic Alphabet; 24hour clock and Time Zones; Destinations and Route Structures;
- Safety/Emergency Equipment - as noted in Appendix A;
- Line Indoctrination;
- In-charge Training;
- Crew Resource Management;
*Standalone drill not completed. Emergency door operation will be conducted in conjunction with the unplanned emergency drill(s).
- Skyservice shall provide to the Arkefly Airways flight attendants a Skyservice competency card bearing name, training date and Instructor's signature, which must be carried while on duty;
- Skyservice shall provide to the Arkefly Airways flight attendants a Skyservice Flight Attendant Manual which must be carried while on duty, and each Arkefly flight attendant shall carry with them Skyservice's Quick Reference Guide;
- Skyservice shall assign an individual from their own operation to monitor the extended charter operation in Amsterdam to handle any cabin safety related issues and forward all In-flight reports to the Skyservice Flight Attendant Manager for review and action as deemed appropriate;
- Skyservice shall require that the Arkefly Airways Cabin Crew Manager who will be overseeing the flight attendants is trained to Skyservice's Initial Training Program;
- Skyservice shall obtain Line Indoctrination information on each Arkefly Airways flight attendant, which identifies the aeroplane type, date, and flight number and will specify individual or group format. This information shall be kept on their Skyservice training file for audit purposes;
- Skyservice shall obtain a copy of the approved and updated Arkefly Airways Flight Attendant Manual and forward it to Transport Canada. Skyservice shall make arrangements with Arkefly Airways to keep this Flight Attendant Manual up to date;
- Skyservice shall provide training to Arkefly Airways flight attendants that includes at least one prepared land evacuation drill and at least one ditching drill as a crew member in accordance with the requirements of section 7.4.5 of the Initial Part Seven, Flight Attendant Initial Training Standard (TP12296E);
- Skyservice shall document on the training record that the Arkefly Airways Flight Attendants have completed and met the requirement of the Cabin Firefighting Drill as a Primary Firefighter in accordance with the requirements of section 7.8.6 of the Initial Part Seven, Flight Attendant Initial Training Standard (TP12296E);
- Skyservice shall conduct inspections each month for the duration of the contract based on their submitted oversight plan, by the assigned Base Manager, designate or Skyservice Manager, Cabin Safety Training;
- Skyservice shall operate its aircraft on this extended charter agreement in accordance with its air operator certificate (AOC) No. 8494 and section 720.06 of the Commercial Air Service Standards; and
- Skyservice shall inform the Minister within 5 business days of an early termination date of the Extended Charter Agreement; and
- A copy of this exemption shall be carried in the aircraft journey log.
This exemption is in effect until the earliest of the following:
- October 24, 2009, 23:59 EST;
- the date on which the agreement between Skyservice and Arkefly Airways is terminated;
- the date on which any condition set out in this exemption is breached; or
- the date on which this exemption is cancelled in writing by the Minister where he is of the opinion that it is no longer in the public interest or that it is likely to affect aviation safety.
Dated at Ottawa, Ontario, Canada on this 28th day of April, 2009, on behalf of the Minister of Transport, Infrastructure and Communities.
Original signed by
ELEMENTS NOT INSTRUCTED IN SKYSERVICE FLIGHT ATTENDANT MODIFIED INITIAL TRAINING FOR ARKEFLY AIRWAYS FLIGHT ATTENDANTS -
Safety and Emergency Procedures
- Theory of flight (pages 1-11)
- Physiology of Flight (entire lesson)
- Aviation Terminology (Initial Pre-Course Workbook)
- 24 Hour Clock and Time Zones (Initial Pre-Course Workbook)
- Destination Codes and Route Structure (Initial Pre-course workbook)
- Phonetic Alphabet (Initial Pre-Course Workbook)
- Firefighting pages (pages 1-4, 7, 8, 10-15, 27, 28)
- Decompression (pages 1-5)
- Emergency Equipment and Pre-flight Checks - pages 5-7 (flashlights and megaphone), 14-25 (halon extinguishers, fire axe, gloves, Scott and Drager smoke hoods, fixed Washroom Extinguishers, Lavatory Smoke Detectors), 26.
- Sea Survival (Evacuations LP, pages 35-38)
- Public Address/Interphone and Pre-Flight Safety Demonstration (pages 1-9)
- Aircraft Slide Drill (entire lesson)
- Live Fire Fighting (entire lesson)
- Emergency Equipment (Emergency Equipment and Pre-Flight Checks LP - page 15 (Fire Extinguishers), page 25 (Smoke Hoods)
- Life Vest Drills Checklist (Adult page 1, Child page 2, Infant page 3)
- Raft Drill (entire lesson)
- Public Address/Interphone Drill (checklist)
- Therapeutic Oxygen Drill (Therapeutic Oxygen Practical Exercise LP page 4)
- LOFT Crew Drill
First Aid Training
- Flight Attendant First Aid Program (entire lesson )
- Safety Module (pages 1-32)
- Duties and Responsibilities (pages 1-101)
- Onboard Announcements (pages 209-222)
- Destination Information (pages 223-234)
- Tour Operator Relationships (pages 235-246)
- In-Flight Product/Accounting (pages 250-270)
Crew Resource Management Training
- Crew Resource Management Module (entire lesson)
- Line Indoctrination (entire lesson)
Automated External Defibrillator
- AED Program (entire lesson)
B757-200 aircraft "EXTENDED CHARTER AGREEMENT"
SKYSERVICE AIRLINES INC.
ONE BOEING 757-200, MSN No. 26158, REGISTRATION C-FLOX
- Date de modification :