Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after taking into account that the exemption is in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety I hereby exempt Insight Instruments Corporation, Box 122, Fort Erie, Ontario, L2A 5M6 from the requirement set out in subsection 202.42(1) of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) subject to the conditions in this exemption.
Subsection 202.42(1) states that no person shall operate in Canada an aircraft that is registered in a foreign state that has been present in Canada for a total of 90 days or more in the immediately preceding twelve-month period.
The purpose of this exemption is to allow Insight Instruments Corporation to operate a foreign registered Lear Jet 35A aircraft, registration NI33EJ, that has been present in Canada for a period of more than 90 days in the immediately preceding twelve-month period and is used for development, testing and marketing of equipment to facilitate the development of a low cost solution to Reduced Vertical Separation Mode (RVSM) certification.
This exemption applies to Insight Instruments Corporation only when operating a foreign registered Lear Jet 35A aircraft, registration NI33EJ.
This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- The use of the aircraft shall be restricted to development, testing and marketing of new RVSM equipment developed by Insight Instruments Corporation;
- A copy of this exemption shall be attached to the Certificate of Registration for the aircraft.
This exemption is in effect until the earliest of:
- December 3, 2004, 23:59 EST;
- the date on which any condition set out in this exemption is breached;
- the date on which the registration of the aircraft is cancelled or suspended; or
- the date on which this exemption is cancelled, in writing, by the Minister where he is of the opinion that it is no longer in the public interest, or that it is likely to affect aviation safety.
Dated at Ottawa December 4th, 2003, on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
Director General Civil Aviation
- Date de modification :