Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after taking into account that the exemption is in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby exempt
Ledcor Industries Ltd. Flight Department 5360 Airport Road South
from the requirement set out in subsection 507.02(b) of the Canadian Aviation Regulations requiring that the aircraft "conforms to its certified type design", subject to the following condition.
The purpose of this temporary exemption is to allow Ledcor Industries Ltd. Flight Department to operate a Falcon 50 in a configuration which does not conform to the certification basis of the aircraft's type design. In particular, the elevator servo actuator p/n 103062-36 does not incorporate a protection box over the input drive lever as required by Transport Canada Type Certificate A-136.
This exemption applies to a Dassault Falcon 50 model aircraft, serial number 281, registered in Canada C-GNET when operated by Ledcor Industries Ltd.
Operation of this aircraft must be conducted under one of the following:
- a valid Private Air Operator Certificate; or
- a valid Ferry Flight Permit (no passengers)
This exemption is in effect until the earliest of the following:
- 00:00 PDT on 23 September 2000,
- the date on which a shrouded elevator servo actuator p/n 103062-40 is installed, or
- the date on which this exemption is canceled in writing by the Minister where he is of the opinion that it is no longer in the public interest or is likely to affect aviation safety.
Dated at Vancouver, British Columbia, this 23'd day of June, 2000, on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
- Date de modification :