Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after taking into account that the exemption is in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby exempt Pascan Aviation Inc., 6200 Route de l'Aéroport, St-Hubert, Quebec J3Y 8Y9, operating under Subpart 3 of Part VII of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs), from the requirements set out in subsection 605.33(2) of the CARs, subject to the following conditions. This subsection requires that a multi-engined turbine-powered aircraft that is configured for six or more passenger seats must be equipped with a cockpit voice recorder.
The purpose of this exemption is to allow the air operator, Pascan Aviation Inc., to temporarily operate an aircraft that is not equipped with a cockpit voice recorder, while awaiting the installation of the cockpit voice recorder.
This exemption applies to Beech King Air B-100 aircraft, series numbers BE-59 and BE-27, when they are operated by Pascan Aviation Inc. in accordance with its air operator certificate, number 9633.
- The air operator must hold an air operator certificate allowing for the use of Beechcraft King Air B-100 aircraft.
- The crew members must have taken the approved training program from Pascan Aviation Inc.
- A copy of the exemption must be carried on board each applicable aircraft.
This exemption is valid until the earliest of:
- 23:59 EDT, September 1, 2005;
- The date on which any condition specified in the exemption is breached;
- The date on which this exemption is cancelled in writing by the Minister where he is of the opinion it is no longer in the public interest, or is likely to adversely affect aviation safety; or
- When the cockpit voice recorder is installed in the aircraft.
DATED at Dorval, the 4th day of May 2005, on behalf of the Minister of Transport.Original signed by
Regional Director, Civil Aviation
- Date de modification :