Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after having taken into account that the exemption is both in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby exempt Sea-Air Flying Service Ltd., P.O. Box 31, ELLIOT LAKE, Ontario, P5A 2J6, from the requirements of subsection 700.04 (1) of the Canadian Aviation Regulations, subject to the conditions set out below.
The subsection states that a Canadian is eligible to hold an Air Operator Certificate.
The purpose of this exemption is to allow Sea-Air Flying Service Ltd. to hold an Air Operator Certificate while not meeting the eligibility requirements of the Canadian Aviation Regulations
This exemption applies to Sea Air Flying Service Ltd., P.O.Box 31, Elliot
P5A 2J6, while operating aircraft, Cessna C180, C-GFTV and DeHavilland DHC2,
C-GNXG under Air Operator Certificate number 9747.
This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- The aircraft are maintained and operated at all times pursuant to the requirements of subpart 703 of the Canadian Aviation Regulations.
- Sea Air Flying Service Ltd. shall conduct the air transport service to and from Elliot Lake (N680), Ontario and to the twenty- seven outpost camps owned and operated by Laurentian Mountain Outfitters Ltd. in northern Ontario. The air service shall operate during the period beginning April 1 and ending November 1 for the year 2005.
- Sea air Flying Service Ltd. may operate Cessna C180, C-GFTV and DeHavilland DHC2, C-GNXG aircraft.
This exemption is in effect until the earliest of:
- the date on which any of the foregoing conditions is not complied with;
- the date on which this exemption is cancelled in writing by the Minister where he is of the opinion that it is no longer in the public interest or that it is likely to affect aviation safety or for cause; or
- midnight EST at midnight on October 31, 2005.
Dated at Toronto, Canada, this 25 day of May, 2005 on behalf of the Minister of Transport.Original signed by
Michael R. Stephenson
- Date de modification :