Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after having taken into account that the exemption is both in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby exempt an air operator, Acass Canada Limited, 9025 Ryan Avenue, Dorval, Quebec, H9P 1A2, from the requirements set out in subsection 704.111 (4) of the Canadian Aviation Regulation (CARs), under the conditions specified in subsection 724.111 (2) of the Commercial Air Service Standards.
Subsection 704.111(4) requires that where the validity period of a pilot proficiency check or annual training has been expired for 24 months or more, the person shall requalify by meeting the training requirements specified in the Commercial Air Service Standards.
Subsection 724.111 (2) stipulates that where the flight crew member's pilot proficiency check has expired for a period of 24 months or more that crew member shall, following completion of the operator's initial aeroplane ground and flight training , successfully complete the initial pilot proficiency check on the type of aeroplane.
The purpose of this exemption is to allow "Acass Canada Limited" to utilize the below mentioned flight crew member after the completion of his annual (BD700 - GEX) training course as referred to in Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) 704.115 in lieu of the initial training program.
This exemption only applies to the following flight crew member when operating for Acass Canada Limited under Air Operator Certificate number 10082 :
Mr. Barry MacLeod licence number AA-065097
This present exemption is granted subject to the following conditions:
- A record of all his previous BD700 - GEX ground and flight training shall be documented in the above mentioned pilot's file.
- The crew members future training on the BD700 - GEX shall be documented in his pilot's training file along with a copy of this exemption.
- The pilot's annual training course, in lieu of the initial training program, has been completed.
- A pilot proficiency check (PPC) shall be conducted by a Transport Canada Inspector.
This exemption is in effect until the earliest of the following:
- March 1st 2005 at 23:59 EDT;
- The date on which one of the conditions set out in the exemption is breached;
- The date on which this exemption is cancelled in writing by the Minister, where he is of the opinion that it is no longer in the public interest, or that it is likely to affect aviation safety.
Dated at Dorval, Quebec, this 14th day of December 2004, on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
for the Minister of Transport
- Date de modification :