Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after having taken into account that the exemption is both in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby exempt Air Transat A.T. Inc., located at 11,600 Cargo St. A-1, Montreal (Mirabel) International Airport, Mirabel, Quebec, J7N 1G9, from the requirement contained in paragraph 705.43(2) of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) pursuant to which the contents of the safety briefing must be given to the passengers in English and in French, subject to the conditions stipulated herein.
The purpose of this exemption is to exempt Air Transat A.T. Inc. from the requirement to present a French-language safety briefing to passengers of charter flights conducted by Air Transat A.T. Inc. under the charter contract between Air Transat A.T. Inc. and the White House Travel Office, authorized under Air Transat A.T. Inc. air operator certificate no. 6727.
This exemption applies to charter flights conducted by Air Transat A.T. Inc. between the United States and Greece, Turkey, Italy, Bulgaria and Macedonia, under the charter contract between Air Transat A.T. Inc. and the White House Travel Office, effective November 11, 1999 to November 24, 1999.
- A passenger safety briefing that meets the Commercial Air Service Standard must be conducted in English.
- A copy of the exemption document shall be entered in the chartered aircraft journey log for the abovementioned charter contract.
This exemption is valid until the earliest of the following:
- The end date of the charter contract, i.e. November 30, 1999 at midnight EST;
- The date on which any of the conditions set out in this exemption is breached;
- the date on which this exemption is cancelled, in writing, by the Minister of Transport, where he is of the opinion that it is no longer in the public interest, or that it is likely to affect aviation safety.
Dated at Ottawa, this first day of November, 1999, on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
Director General, Civil Aviation
Original Signed by
Original signé par
- Date de modification :