Pursuant to subsection 5.9(2) of the Aeronautics Act, and after taking into account that the exemption is in the public interest and is not likely to affect aviation safety, I hereby exempt Skyservice Airlines Inc. (hereinafter "Skyservice"), 31 Fasken Drive, Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada, M9W 1K6 from the requirements set out in subsection 705.43(2) of the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) which stipulates that an air operator shall ensure that the safety briefing provided to the passengers is given in English and French. The exemption is subject to the application and conditions set out below.
The purpose of this exemption is to permit Skyservice to exclude the French announcements from the passenger safety briefings on those flights that are conducted as part of the Extended Charter Agreement between Skyservice and My Travel Airways Limited (hereinafter "My Travel") (Formerly Air Tours International).
The flight operations conducted under the Extended Charter Agreement (Appendix A) will not involve Canadian points of departure or Canadian destinations. This exemption applies only to Airbus A320 aircraft for those flights operated by Skyservice to and from Cardiff, Wales, to and from Teesside (UK), to and from East Midlands (UK) and to and from Bristol, England for the purposes of the Extended Charter Agreement between Skyservice and My Travel for the period of May 1, 2003 to October 31, 2003.
This exemption is subject to the following conditions:
- Skyservice shall provide the passenger safety briefings
required by Subsection 705.43(1) of the Canadian Aviation
Regulations, in the English language;
- Skyservice shall operate its aircraft under this Extended
Charter Agreement in accordance with its air operator certificate 8494 and
section 720.06 of the Commercial Air Service Standards; and
- A copy of this exemption shall be carried in the aircraft journey log.
This exemption is in effect until the earliest of:
- 23:59EST on October 31, 2003
- the date on which the agreement between Skyservice and My Travel is terminated;
- the date on which any condition set out in this exemption is breached; or
- the date on which this exemption is cancelled in writing by the Minister where he is of the opinion that it is no longer in the public interest or that it is likely to affect aviation safety.
Dated at Ottawa, Ontario Canada on this 28th day of April 2003, on behalf of the Minister of Transport.
Original signed by Merlin Preuss
- Date de modification :