Current status: Closed
Open from November 4, 2019 to January 17, 2020.
Air Canada and Transat A.T. Inc. notified the Minister of Transport that Air Canada proposes to purchase Transat A.T. Inc.
The Minister decided that the proposed purchase raised public interest issues about national transportation, and directed Transport Canada to begin a public interest assessment. The assessment will include input from the Commissioner of Competition, who will look at how the purchase would impact competition in the air sector.
A public consultation is a key part of the public interest assessment. Canadians are invited to share their views on the proposed purchase.
Join in: how to participate
Share your ideas
Register at Let’s Talk Transportation to provide your comment on discussion questions. You can also upload a document through the Submission tab on Let’s Talk – Consultation on Acquisition of Transat A.T. Inc.Air Canada.
Who is the focus of this consultation?
All Canadians are invited to participate in the online consultations.
Key questions for discussion
- How would the purchase of Transat A.T. Inc. by Air Canada positively or negatively impact your travel experience?
- Would the purchase be positive or negative for the Canadian economy? Please explain.
- Why should the purchase be approved, approved with conditions, or denied? Please explain.
- Transport Canada to conduct a public interest assessment regarding proposed purchase of Transat A.T. Inc.Air Canada
- Minister of Transport receives submission from Air CanadaTransat A.T. Inc.Air Canada
Place de Ville Tower C
330 Sparks Street
Ottawa ON K1A 0N5
Toll-free Telephone: 1-866-995-9737
Local telephone: 613-990-2309