From: Transport Canada
Current status: Closed
Opened on March 12th, 2018 and closed on December 3, 2018.
Transport Canada is undertaking a review of Canada Port Authorities to optimize their current and future role in the transportation system as innovative assets that support inclusive growth and trade. We are initiating a national conversation to seek your views and ideas on how best to position Canada Port Authorities for the future. We want to hear from key partners and stakeholders.
Join in: how to participate
Share your ideas
Who is the focus of this consultation
All Canadians are invited to participate in the online consultations. Those with a particular interest may include:
- Indigenous groups
- Provincial and municipal governments
- Thought leaders
- Port associations/groups
Key questions for discussion
- What trends do you think will affect the future of port operations and supply chains?
- What role should Canada Port Authorities play in addressing these trends and the challenges they pose?
- What needs to be in place for Canada Port Authorities to turn these challenges into opportunities?
- What we heard report
- Ports modernization review: discussion paper
- Backgrounder on Canada's port system
- Minister Garneau launched roundtable series for Ports Modernization Review
- Minister Garneau announces a ports modernization review to help shape the future of Canada's port system
Tower C, Place de Ville
330 Sparks Street, 28th Floor
Telephone: 1-855-859-3123 or 613-991-3135
Teletypewriter / TDD: 1-888-675-6863