We are accepting applications for projects. The deadline to apply is June 4, 2018.
The Northern Transportation Adaptation Initiative (NTAI) Program provides contributions for projects that address the effect of climate change on northern transportation systems.
Eligibility for funding
Eligible recipients include:
- provinces and territories, including provincially and territorially-owned entities
- municipalities, including municipally-owned entities
- indigenous governments, organizations, development corporations, both at the national and regional levels, and tribal councils
- public sector organizations
- not-for-profit private sector organizations
Four types of activities are funded.
- Researching and developing new adaptive technologies
Funding will be provided to develop knowledge that can be used to research and develop solutions for adapting to climate change.
- Testing, operating and installing technologies
Funding will be provided to evaluate technologies (tools, practices), in laboratory conditions, or in the field.
- Establishing test projects and test sites
Funding will be provided to help test adaptive technologies (tools, practices), collect evidence and assess how transportation infrastructure or operations respond to these technologies.
- Training and exchange seminars
Funding will be provided for the education and training to develop northern expertise and build capacity to adapt northern transportation infrastructure and operations to a changing climate.
For example, eligible costs could include:
- professional fees for contracted services
- travel costs
- administrative costs
For detailed information about eligibility, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get a copy of the Applicant’s Guide.
Conditions of funding
You must prove that you have funding to cover project costs up front. We will not provide advance funding.
You must complete all projects by March 31, 2021.
The maximum contribution per project is $1,000,000.
How to apply
- Request the Applicant’s Guide and application forms at email@example.com.
- Sign your completed application and save it in pdf form with original signatures (if you are submitting it electronically).
- Submit your signed application by mail or email.
Your application must be complete and accurate. You should read the Applicant’s Guide in full before you apply.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Northern Transportation Adaptation Initiative (NTAI) Program
330 Sparks Street, Place de Ville, Tower C (AHSB)
Ottawa ON K1A 0N5