Tidings: Stories from Canada’s Oceans Protection Plan is the official reboot of the Government of Canada’s Oceans Protection Plan newsletter. Here, we will bring you more in-depth stories about the many Oceans Protection Plan initiatives, the people behind them and the communities that benefit from them. Also, we will use it to inform you of consultation and engagement opportunities, where your feedback is invaluable to informing OPP and driving it forward.
Please reach out to the newsletter editor if you would like to share your thoughts on stories covered, or, to share ideas on stories you would like to see covered.
- Volume 1: Download our first issue of Tidings: Stories from Canada’s Oceans Protection Plan (PDF, 378 KB)
- Volume 2: Download our second issue of Tidings: Stories from Canada’s Oceans Protection Plan (PDF, 420 KB)
- Volume 3: Download our latest issue of Tidings: Stories from Canada’s Oceans Protection Plan (PDF, 578 KB)
View archived editions of the former OPP newsletter.
How to subscribe
After reading and agreeing to the privacy notice, follow these instructions:
- Visit Transport Canada's e-news page.
- Enter your e-mail address where it indicates on the page and press Enter.
- From the list, select the Oceans Protection Plan.
- Click on the Save subscriptions button at the bottom of the list.
- An e-mail will be sent to you with instructions on how to confirm your new subscription.
How to unsubscribe
- If you no longer want to receive the newsletter, return to the e-news page and enter your email address.
- From the list of subjects, uncheck the box next to Oceans Protection Plan and click on the Save subscriptions button.
- You will be sent an email asking to confirm your change.
- You can also click on the button Unsubscribe from All Lists if you do not want to stay subscribed to any other subjects you may have signed up for.
Transport Canada uses an e-mail client called LISTSERV to send email newsletters on selected subjects.
Providing the information requested during the sign up process is voluntary and you may unsubscribe at any time. The information is collected for the purpose of creating and maintaining your subscription and for communication purposes only. The information you provide is protected under Canada's Privacy Act and is included in the personal information bank PSU 914.
Questions or comments regarding this policy or the administration of the Privacy Act at Transport Canada may be directed to the Access to Information and Privacy Division.