RDIMS No .: 19378913
Date (Y-M-D) : 2023-04-05
This bulletin is to let you know that:
- Canada has signed a reciprocal arrangement with the Republic of the Philippines.
- Filipino seafarers holding a valid STCW certificateFootnote 1 of competency can now apply for a Canadian endorsement.
This bulletin applies to:
- owners and operators of Canadian-flagged vessels, and
- seafarers from the Republic of the Philippines who want a Canadian endorsement.
What you need to know
On March 29, 2023, Canada entered into a reciprocal arrangement with the Republic of the Philippines for the recognition of certificates of competency and issuance of endorsements pursuant to regulation I/10 of the STCW Convention.
Seafarers with a valid STCW certificate issued by the Republic of the Philippines can now apply for a Canadian endorsement. This is similar to reciprocal arrangements Canada has already signed with Australia, France, Norway, Ukraine, Georgia and the United Kingdom.
Canadian seafarers can also seek a Filipino endorsement of a valid Canadian STCW certificate by writing to the Republic of the Philippines Maritime Industry Authority using the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Documents you need to apply
To apply for a Canadian endorsement, please download and follow the instructions contained within the following Transport Canada forms:
- Application for a Canadian endorsement (Form #82-0786)
- Declaration from an Authorized Representative (Form #82-0787)
You are invited to visit the following website which provides relevant information regarding Recognition of a Foreign Certificate Through a Reciprocal Arrangement.
How to apply
Send your completed application and supporting documents, using one of the following methods:
- email to RecognitionofCertificates-Reconnaissancedesbrevets@tc.gc.ca
Transport Canada, Seafarer Certification (AMSP),
330 Sparks Street, Place de Ville, Tower C,
Ottawa ON K1A 0N5
1. Reciprocal arrangement
3. Canadian endorsement
Questions concerning this Bulletin should be addressed to:
Marine Safety and Security
Place de Ville, Tour C
330 Sparks Street, 11th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0N5
Contact us at: Email: email@example.com or Telephone: 1-855-859-3123 (Toll Free).