RDIMS No .: 18632495
Date (Y-M-D): 2022-06-16
This bulletin is to let you know that COVID-19 vaccines remain available to everyone, including foreign seafarers, in Canada.
This bulletin applies to:
- shipping companies and agents responsible for vessels calling to Canadian ports, and
- foreign seafarers
What you need to know
COVID-19 vaccines approved for use in Canada continue to be widely available. Please consult Ship Safety Bulletin 06/2022 for guidelines respecting the mobility of asymptomatic, presumed non-Covid-19 carrying seafarers.
Vaccination is one of the most effective ways to protect our families, communities, coworkers and ourselves against COVID-19. Vaccines used in Canada are very effective at preventing severe illness, hospitalization and death from COVID-19.
Getting vaccinated can also reduce the likelihood of developing symptoms of post COVID-19 condition. Post COVID-19 condition, also known as long COVID, is when people still experience symptoms of COVID-19 for weeks or months after their initial recovery.
Learn more about:
How to get a vaccine
Please consult the following websites that contain helpful information on how a foreign seafarer in Canada can obtain a COVD-19 vaccine.
- Vaccines for COVID-19 – Information from the Government of Canada.
- Seafarer Vaccinations in Canada – website maintained by the Shipping Federation of Canada providing vaccine availability information at key locations across Canada, including Vancouver, Prince Rupert, Montreal, Trois Rivieres, Quebec, Saint John, and Halifax.
- Covid-19 Vaccines for Seafarers – website maintained by the North American Maritime Ministry Association providing vaccine availability information at key ports in Canada.
- Immunization Information for Seafarers in BC – website maintained by the Chamber of Shipping providing information on how seafarers can obtain a COVID-19 vaccine at ports in British Columbia.
Questions concerning this Bulletin should be addressed to:
Marine Safety and Security
Tower C, Place de Ville
330 Sparks Street, 11th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0N8
Contact us at: Email: email@example.com or Telephone: 1-855-859-3123 (Toll Free).