RDIMS No .: 19654026
Date (Y-M-D) : 2023-07-26
The bulletin is to let you know that:
- Canada has signed reciprocal arrangements with Jamaica and the Republic of Panama.
- Jamaican and Panamanian seafarers holding a valid STCW certificateFootnote 1 can now apply for a Canadian endorsement.
This bulletin applies to:
- owners and operators of Canadian-flagged vessels, and
- seafarers from Jamaica or from the Republic of Panama who want a Canadian endorsement.
What you need to know
Seafarers with a valid STCW certificate issued by either the Maritime Authority of Jamaica or the Panama Maritime Authority can now apply for a Canadian endorsement. This is similar to reciprocal arrangements Canada has already signed with Australia, France, Norway, Ukraine, Georgia, the United Kingdom and the Philippines.
Please note that Canadian seafarers can also seek a Jamaican endorsement of a valid Canadian STCW certificate by writing to the Maritime Authority of Jamaica using the following email address: email@example.com.
Canadian seafarers wishing to obtain a Panamanian endorsement of a valid Canadian STCW certificate are advised to:
- consult information available on the Panama Maritime Authority website (website only available in Spanish), or
- contact the Panamanian consulates in Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver (website only available in English and in Spanish)
Documents you need to apply
To apply for a Canadian endorsement, please download and follow the instructions contained within the following Transport Canada forms:
- Application for a Canadian endorsement (Form #82-0786)
- Declaration from an Authorized Representative (Form #82-0787)
You are invited to visit the following website which provides relevant information regarding Recognition of a Foreign Certificate Through a Reciprocal Arrangement.
How to apply
Send your completed application and supporting documents, using one of the following methods:
- email to RecognitionofCertificates-Reconnaissancedesbrevets@tc.gc.ca
Transport Canada, Seafarer Certification (AMSP),
330 Sparks Street, Place de Ville, Tower C,
Ottawa ON K1A 0N5
1. Reciprocal arrangement
3. Canadian endorsement
Questions concerning this Bulletin should be addressed to:
Marine Safety and Security
Tower C, Place de Ville
330 Sparks Street, 8th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0N8
Contact us at: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Telephone: 1-855-859-3123 (Toll Free).