The Boating Safety Contribution Program (BSCP) helps organizations promote safety or conduct research on the most effective ways to change boating behaviours in Canada.
The objective of the Small Vessel Safety component is to increase the safety of small vessels that regularly interact with larger ships.
Eligibility for funding
Eligible recipients include:
- Indigenous groups and communities
- Not-for-profit non-governmental organizations (NGO)
- Public safety organizations
- Educational institutions
- Healthcare institutions
- Enforcement services
- Proposals received from these applicants must clearly demonstrate that the project is not part of their regular law enforcement duties. For more details, please contact us.
- Provincial, territorial and municipal governments
Conditions of funding
- $2M over one year, all projects to take place in 2021/22
- Maximum contribution of $200,000 per recipient
- The project must begin on or after April 1, 2021
The following financial conditions apply:
- the BSCP will reimburse recipients up to 75 per cent of eligible expenditures incurred for the Project
- applicants must show they have enough up-front funding to carry out the proposed project
- the BSCP makes no advance payments
Eligible expenditures under the BSCP include:
- staff wages and benefits
- professional fees
- rental/use of equipment, office materials, office and/or meeting space and travel costs
- public outreach and communication materials and associated activities costs
- translation costs
- incremental insurance costs
- administrative costs
What you need to know before you start
Read the Applicant's Guide in full before you apply. This guide will help you prepare your funding application.
Applicants must include legal documents that confirm the organizations as an entity.
How to apply
- Contact us to receive a copy of the project proposal templates that must be used to complete your application package.
- Use the applicant's guide to fill out your application.
- Your application must be signed, accurate and complete before submitting it.
Submit your application electronically at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All electronic applications packages must be in MS Word, MS Excel or PDF format.
We will confirm receipt of all application packages.