Eligible recipients to be considered for funding under the Enhanced Road Safety Transfer Payment Program (ERSTPP) 2021-2022 call for proposals include:
- Not-for-profit and for-profit private sector road safety organizations;
- Road safety organizations;
- Other organizations that take an active role in advancing road safety issues/perspectives of their members;
- The Canadian Council of Motor Transport Administrators (CCMTA);
- Territories; and
- Provincial or territorial-owned entities.
Please note: Municipalities and cities are not eligible to apply under this call, however, they may partner with one of the eligible recipients listed above.
The ERSTPP funds projects to help create nationally consistent tools that address road safety challenges. For example:
- Outreach activities.
The program directly supports Canada’s national road safety priorities. It gives new opportunities to invest in Canadian projects to promote the innovative design, testing, and integration of Connected and Automated Vehicles (CAVs) and other safety enhancing technologies. The results of these projects will then be used to develop national regulations and non-regulatory tools (which includes policies, best practices, guidelines, frameworks, etc.).
The program also gives funding to organizations that:
- Promote road safety awareness;
- Increase knowledge of road safety issues, practices, and behaviours in Canada; and
- Support regulatory compliance.
Note: Recognizing the unprecedented challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic and its impacts on transportation and mobility, projects that mitigate the resulting issues to road safety in Canada will also be considered for funding under this call.
ATTN: Director, Transportation and Infrastructure Programs (AHSE)
C/o Program Officer,
Place de Ville, Tower C, 19th Floor,
330 Sparks Street,
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0N5
Related sevices and information
- Apply for ERSTPP funding
- ERSTPP project proposal template
- Projects funded by the Enhanced Road Safety Transfer Payment Program in 2021 to 2022
- Projects funded by the Enhanced Road Safety Transfer Payment Program in 2020 to 2021
- Projects funded by the Enhanced Road Safety Transfer Payment Program in 2019 to 2020