The Program is accepting applications for projects. The deadline to apply is Monday, May 13, 2019 (9am, Eastern DST).
The Northern Transportation Adaptation Initiative (NTAI) Program provides funding for projects that address the effect of climate change on northern transportation systems.
Eligibility for funding
To be eligible, you must show that you meet certain requirements. For example:
- All proposals must clearly demonstrate how their project will contribute to program objectives
- You have the knowledge and capacity to complete the project
Eligible recipients include:
- provinces and territories, including provincially and territorially-owned entities
- municipalities, including municipally-owned entities
- Indigenous governments, organizations, development corporations, both at the national and regional levels, and tribal councils
- public sector organizations
- not-for-profit private sector organizations
The following types of activities are funded.
Stream 1: Asset/site-specific research
Projects under this stream support the generation of new knowledge that improves the understanding of climate change-related impacts on a specific northern transportation asset or site, and/or appropriate responses.
Stream 2: Development, testing and/or deployment of transferrable tools, technologies and practices
Projects under this stream support the generation of new knowledge intended for broad use and application.
Stream 2a): The development, testing and/or deployment of innovative technological tools, practices, techniques, or equipment/devices
Stream 2b): The development of transferrable methodological tools, guidelines, frameworks
Stream 3: Training and exchange
Projects under this stream are aimed at developing expertise and strengthening capacity of northerners to adapt their transportation systems to climate change.
For example, eligible costs could include:
- professional fees for contracted services
- travel costs
- administrative costs
Recipients may receive up to 100% of total eligible costs for their project.
Conditions of funding
- You may receive up to $50,000 per project
- All projects must be completed by March 31, 2021
- Projects may begin incurring eligible costs only once Transport Canada approves and confirms this in writing
How to apply
- Request the Applicant’s Guide and application form at email@example.com.
- Sign your completed application and save it in pdf form with original signatures.
- Submit your signed application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application must be complete and accurate. You should read the Applicant’s Guide in full before you apply.
We will confirm receipt of all applications.