The application period for the Zero Emission Trucking Program (ZETP) Call for Proposals (CFP) is now closed.
With this CFP, the ZETP seeks to support Provinces and Territories to develop, modernize, and align the necessary guidelines, codes, standards and regulations to accelerate the safe deployment of zero-emission trucking in Canada.
Eligibility for funding
Eligible recipients include:
- Provinces and Territories, including Provincial- and Territorially-owned transportation entities
- Municipalities , including Municipally-owned entities, and local and regional governments
- Indigenous governments, tribal councils and other forms of regional government, nationally or regionally representative Indigenous organizations, and/or Indigenous development corporations
- Public Sector Organizations
- Canada Airport, Port (subject to section 25 of the Canada Marine Act), and Standard Development Organizations (SDO)
Conditions of funding
- Maximum contribution of up to $1 million per project.
The following financial conditions apply:
- the ZETP will reimburse recipients up to 75 per cent of eligible expenditures incurred for the Project;
- applicants must show they have enough up-front funding to carry out the proposed project ;
- Projects may be single-year or multi-year.
Eligible expenditures under the ZETP include:
- staff salaries and benefits
- professional fees for contracted services
- translation costs
- expenditures related to the preparation, construction, improvement, installation, rehabilitation or retrofit of assets
- purchase, lease and/or installation of assets, technology, equipment and supplies
- purchase of low carbon intensity fuels
- licenses and permits
- rents, leases, leasehold improvements and insurance
- expenditures for indigenous consultations
- travel expenditures
- administrative expenditures
What you need to know before you start
Read the Applicant's Guide in full before you apply. This guide will help you prepare your funding application.
How to apply
- Contact us to receive a copy of the project proposal templates that must be used to complete your application package.
- Review the Applicant's Guide to fill out your application.
- Your application must be signed, accurate and complete before submitting it.
Submit your application
Submit your application electronically. We will confirm receipt of all application packages.
All electronic applications packages must be in MS Word, MS Excel or PDF format.