Minister of Transport Order Respecting Relevant Associations or Organizations Under Subsection 4(1) Railway Safety Act, R.S.C. 1985 C-32 (4th Supp.)
Pursuant to the provisions of subsection 4(1) of the Railway Safety Act, the Minister of Transport has the authority to declare, by order, what association or organization constitutes a "relevant association or organization" in relation to a railway company.
I have determined that the associations or organizations set forth in Schedules A and B attached hereto are relevant associations or organizations in relation to the railway companies coming under federal jurisdiction.
As such, I, Brigitte Diogo, Director General, Rail Safety, as authorized by the Minister of Transport under section 45 of the RSA, hereby revoke the previous order, MO 13-01, dated November 18, 2013.
I further declare that the associations or organizations described in the attached Schedules A and B to this order are relevant associations or organizations in relation to all federally regulated railway companies.
Director General, Rail Safety
January 8, 2020
(Associations or Organizations Formed to Represent the Interests of Persons Employed by a Railway Company)
- Amalgamated Transit Union Local 279
- Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers and Trainmen
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
- Syndicat des Métallos
- Teamsters Canada Rail Conference
- Teamsters Canada Rail Conference /Maintenance of Way Employees Division
- Teamsters Canada Rail Conference/Rail Canada Traffic Controllers
- Travailleurs Unis Transport (1843)
- United Steel, Paper and Forestry, Rubber, Manufacturing, Energy, Allied Industrial and Service Workers International Union
(Associations or Organizations Formed to Represent the Interests of Owners or Lessees of Railway Equipment)
- Canadian Propane Association
- Chemistry Industry Association of Canada
- Fertilizer Canada
- Procor Ltd.
- Wells Fargo Rail
List of Relevant Associations and Organizations
Pursuant to the provisions of Subsection 4(1) of the Railway Safety Act (RSA), the Minister of Transport has the authority to declare, by order, what association or organization constitutes a "relevant association or organization" in relation to a railway company. On January 8, 2020 the Order (MO 20-01) declaring relevant associations or organizations was approved by the Minister.
To obtain up-to-date contact information for the relevant associations and organizations listed in the Ministerial Order, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.