Each drainage or other water carrying facility under or immediately adjacent to the roadbed must be maintained and kept free of obstruction, to accommodate expected water flow for the area concerned.
Vegetation on railway property which is on or immediately adjacent to roadbed must be controlled so that it does not:
- become a fire hazard to track-carrying structures;
- obstruct visibility of railway signs and signals;
- interfere with railway employees performing normal track side duties;
- prevent proper functioning of signal and communication lines; or
- prevent railway employees from visually inspecting moving equipment from their normal duty stations.