Be informed, be aware, and be prepared!
Transport Canada takes the safety of the travelling public very seriously.
Before takeoff, read the safety briefing card and listen carefully when the pilots give a complete safety briefing. Make sure the briefing includes all the items below and ask questions about things that are not clear to you.
- Baggage limits
- Where baggage is stowed
- How the seat belts work
- How to secure seat backs and tray tables
- How to know where you are in the plane no matter its position
- Where to find and how to use exits
- Where to find the emergency locator transmitter (ELT), survival kit, first aid kit, fire extinguisher, oxygen, etc.
- Rules about using electronic devices
- Where to find and how to use life preservers
- Rules about smoking
- Exiting underwater (underwater egress)