Current status: Closed
Open on October 18th, 2021 and will be closed on December 16th, 2021.
The Canadian General Standards Board (CGSB) has released the final draft of Safety Standard CAN/CGSB-43.123 for a 60-day consultation period. This standard is incorporated by reference within the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Regulations (TDG Regulations) and the new edition will come into force once published with a six-month phase-in (transitional) period.
Safety standard CAN/CGSB-43.123 sets out the requirements for designing, manufacturing, testing, selecting and using aerosol containers and gas cartridges. The standard also lays out the requirements for the transport of aerosol containers and gas cartridges intended for disposal or recycling.
Join in: how to participate
Share your ideas
To obtain a copy of the draft safety standard, please contact the CGSB directly via Robert Long at email@example.com. Comments for improvement to the standard may also be sent to Robert Long using the following instructions.
All comments must be included in the comment form supplied by the CGSB and contain the following information:
- CGSB Reference Number/Title of the Standard (e.g. CGSB-43.123 / “Aerosol containers and gas cartridges for transport of dangerous goods” )
- affected Clause No. /Subclause No. /Annex (e.g. 3.1)
- affected Paragraph / Figure / Table / Note (e.g. Table 1)
- comment (justification for change)
- proposed change.
Who is the focus of this consultation
All Canadians are invited to participate in the online consultations. Those with a particular interest may include:
- manufacturers, distributors and retailers of TC or DOT specification aerosol containers and gas cartridges
- fillers of aerosol containers and gas cartridges
- users of aerosol containers and gas cartridges
- facilities involved in the transport of waste aerosol containers and gas cartridges
- The changes made provide alignment with the 21st edition of the United Nations Recommendations on the Transport of Dangerous Goods - Model Regulations (Orange Book) and Title 49 of the Code of Federal Regulations of the United States (as amended from time to time).
- Addition of specification requirements for the new TC-2P2 specification for gas cartridges intended to be used for liquified petroleum gases.
- Addition of specification requirements for the new TC-2P1 and TC-2Q2 specifications intended to be used for foodstuffs and soaps.
- Addition of reciprocity for DOT-2P1 and DOT-2Q2 specifications.
- Revision of requirements for the transport of aerosol containers and gas cartridges intended for disposal or recycling.
Robert Long, Standards Specialist
Canadian General Standards Board (CGSB)