Current status: Closed
Open on 2022-03-14 and closed on 2022-05-13.
Through this consultation, you have the chance to provide feedback on changes that Transport Canada is considering that will allow the operation of propeller-driven surfboard-type vessels and regulate their construction.
Join in: how to participate
Register online at Let’s Talk Transportation and share your comments on our discussion questions or upload a document through the Submissions tab.
Who is the focus of this consultation
All Canadians are invited to participate in the consultation. We will also be asking for input from stakeholders from the Canadian Marine Advisory Council's Standing Committee on Recreational Boating and the National Recreational Boating Advisory Council. These groups include stakeholders that represent:
- boating safety associations
- police marine units
- accredited course providers
- the Canadian and United States Coast Guards
Transport Canada is also continuing to consult with industry with respect to safety requirements related to the construction of these vessels.
Key questions for discussion
- What do you think of the safety mechanism requirements that Transport Canada is proposing? Do you think we should consider others?
- What do you think of the safety gear requirements that Transport Canada is proposing? Do you think we should consider others?
- What do you think of the operation requirements that Transport Canada is proposing? Do you think we should consider others?
- Are there other safety requirements that Transport Canada should consider?
Place de Ville, Tower C
330, Sparks Street
Ottawa, ON K1A 0N5