Current status: Closed
Open on September 1, 2020 and will be closed on October 7, 2020.
Transport Canada wants feedback on adding new technologies to the Motor Vehicle Safety Regulations to improve school bus safety.
Join in: how to participate
Share your ideas
Who is the focus of this consultation?
All Canadians are invited to participate in the online consultations.
Key questions for discussion
We are looking for feedback on 14 questions, including 3 in the discussion forum and 11 in the background document. You can also submit comments about general issues related to these technologies being required on all new school buses in Canada.
- Should infraction camera hardware be required on all Canadian school buses?
- Should extended stop signal arms be required on all Canadian school buses?
- Should 360° camera systems be required on all Canadian school buses?
- Background: Motor Vehicle Safety Regulations – School Bus Safety
- Strengthening School Bus Safety in Canada
Tower C, Place de Ville
330 Sparks St.
Ottawa ON K1A 0N5
Toll-free Telephone: 1-866-995-9737
Local telephone: 613-990-2309