Current status: CLOSED
Opened on February 13, 2019 and closed on April 12, 2019.
Transport Canada is proposing a new fee for the marine insurance certification services. We issue a certificate to ship owners when they provide proof of insurance or other financial security. We’re introducing a fee to better reflect the direct benefits received by the marine transportation industry as a result of the service and we want your feedback.
Share your ideas
Register at www.letstalktransportation.ca to provide your comments on discussion questions or upload a document through the Submission tab Introducing a Fee for Marine Insurance Certification Services
Who is the focus of this consultation?
All Canadians are invited to participate in the online consultations. Those with a particular interest may include:
- Marine industry professionals
- Industry stakeholders
- Business owners
- Vessel owners and operators
- Safety professionals
Key questions for discussion
- Is the proposed fee reasonable? Why or why not?
- How would the introduction of this fee affect you?
- Let's Talk Fee Modernization
- Marine Insurance Fee Modernization Proposal
- What We Heard Report — Public Consultation on Transport Canada Introducing a Fee for Marine Insurance Certification Services
Tower C, Place de Ville
330 Sparks Street, 28th Floor
Ottawa, ON K1A 0N5
Telephone: 1-855-859-3123 or 613-991-3135
Teletypewriter / TDD: 1-888-675-6863